
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- Tom Brady has authorized the NFLPA to appeal his case in federal court after learning his 4-game suspension would stick Tuesday.
The NFLPA released a statement Tuesday after the NFL announced that the quarterback’s 4-game suspension was going to be upheld. This comes after allegations that Brady and the Patriots deflated game balls during the AFC Championship game earlier this year.
<< MORE: NFL: Evidence of cell phone destruction was key to upholding Brady suspension >>
<< MORE: Tom Brady's agent calls appeal process 'a sham' >>
<< MORE: Patriots disappointed by Goodell's ruling >>
<< MORE: Fans defiant after 'Deflategate' ruling >>
In their statement, the organization said the NFL commissioner's decision "did nothing to address the legal deficiencies of due process."
The statement also says the NFL is "stuck with the following facts:"
<<< Click here to read the entire statement. >>>
The statement went on to say, "The fact that the NFL would resort to basing a suspension on a smoke screen of irrelevant text messages instead of admitting that they have all of the phone records they asked for is a new low, even for them, but it does nothing to correct their errors."
They ended by saying that they will be appealing the decision on behalf of the quarterback.
<< MORE: Full coverage of the deflategate investigation >>
![]() ![]() | 25 FOX Drive Phone (781) 467-2525
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2015 Cox Media Group Television and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices |