Man who allegedly worked with terror suspect held after arraignm - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Man who allegedly worked with terror suspect held after arraignment

Posted: Updated:

EVERETT, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- FOX25 has learned more about David Wright, the man allegedly working with the terror suspect shot and killed by police in Roslindale Tuesday. He was deemed a flight risk at his arraignment Wednesday, and held until his next court date later this month.

It's unclear how the Everett man originally met the terror suspect, but people who knew Wright, from two different cities, say they never saw any signs the 24-year-old would be accused of being connected to an alleged plot to harm police.

The first thing that stands out about Wright is he doesn't have a criminal history. FOX25 reviewed court records and found nothing on him.

Police in both Everett, where he currently lives, and Chelsea, where he previously lived, say he wasn't even on their radar.

The only record we found for Wright was his Massachusetts driving record that includes a 2009 charge of leaving the scene of a personal injury accident and a failure to stop in 2012.

Wright was arrested Tuesday after the people who live in his Everett apartment building say a SWAT team burst into the second floor with a shield and battering ram. Neighbors watched as FBI agents and a terrorism task force surveillance team searched the Linden Street apartment all day. Sources tell FOX25 that the terrorism task force agents had it under surveillance continuously for some time. This shocked neighbors who say Wright lives with his wife and two elementary aged kids.

Neighbor Thalia Beltran said, "It's really crazy, I never expected it from him or anything, why not? Because it just seemed like he was a family man, kept to himself a lot."

In court Wednesday, prosecutors allege that Wright allegedly discussed with Usaama Rahim, who was shot and killed Tuesday in Roslindale, plans to go after police officers. They went on to say that he allegedly attempted to destroy Rahim's smartphone and impede the investigation.

Sources tell FOX25 Wright grew up mainly in Chelsea and was in an alternative program both in junior high and high school. He was a lineman on the Chelsea High football team, before getting injured. A source who knew him then describes the imposing, almost 300 pound 6'4'' student as surprisingly goofy and a good kid, but he did get in trouble back then, got kicked out of class, and missed a lot of school.

In 2008, when he was a junior, his family moved out of a Chelsea apartment complex, and Wright transferred to Everett High where the district says its unclear whether he graduated but had no discipline record.

According to Wright's Facebook page, he most recently attended Bunker Hill Community College.

Sources who knew Wright back in high school say he never seemed interested in religion and didn't seem to have any axes to grind.

Wright was deemed a flight risk at his arraignment where he was charged with obstructing the investigation related to a plot to behead an unnamed person and target police officers. He will be held until his next court date later this month.

Powered by WorldNow

25 FOX Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

Phone (781) 467-2525

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2015 Cox Media Group Television and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service  | Ad Choices